Gossip can be interesting. Also, it can be true. Here's a comment that was left today on a Church of the Churchless post. GSD stands for Gurinder Singh Dhillon, the guru of Radha Soami Satsang Beas (RSSB).
I have a bit of “gossip” – I was talking to a relative, in India, earlier today, regarding RSSB/Singh Brother controversy. His boss is the ex-Director of the Board of Directors for Fortis hospitals.
Here is what he had to share –
1) There is truth about the deal between GSD and Singh Brothers. GSD’s son gets the money and RSSB guruship goes to Shivinder Singh.
2) Money was siphoned off to Singapore where GSD’s son lives.
3) In February 2017, GSD was sick and was given 3 months to live.
Here is what was reported at that time – “Babaji Don Gurinder Singh Dhillon was admitted in Fortis Hospital, Mohali because of Food Poisoning. The doctors have advised him One week rest, so his programme of satsang of 12th Feb. 2017 is cancelled. There are rumors that he will be leaving for Singapore. Posted by: Juan | February 10, 2017 at 07:39 AM”
4) He nominated Shivinder Singh to succeed [They probably prepared/updated the “will” to ensure a smooth succession]. They were quite close to announcing it publicly.
5) Obviously, GSD survived [Divine Intervention? GSD is God?]
6) When Singh Brothers were in charge of the Fortis hospitals and GSD was getting treated regularly for his medical conditions at Fortis Mohali, GSD was charged a token amount (Rs 5K/10K) for treatments that would cost around Rs 200K for a normal patient at the same hospital.
7) After Singh Brothers were out of the picture, GSD was treated again at the same Fortis hospital in Mohali and was charged the normal patient bill of Rs 200k. He was quite upset about it. Take it for what it’s worth. It comes from a reliable source.
On a different note – “Dhillon has been given Z-Plus Security Cover and his security was enhanced significantly when ADGP Security of Punjab Government visited the Dera Radha Soami Beas town to review the security arrangements. “
I wonder if such a situation existed in the US, would FBI provide special security to a Guru.