It's decidedly weird that...
(1) Many commenters on this blog are devotees of Radha Soami Satsang Beas (RSSB), an India-based religious organization headed by a guru, Gurinder Singh Dhillon; and (2) these same commenters refuse to believe that Gurinder Singh has completely changed the traditional RSSB teachings that they defend so strongly.
Hopefully the following will change some minds.
Today this message was emailed to me by Osho Robbins, who has previously shared his take on what can be called Sant Mat v. 2.0 and v. 3.0, to distinguish the new RSSB teachings being promulgated by Gurinder Singh from the old v. 1.0 teachings.
So what you'll read below isn't new news. It is very much in line with my 2011 blog post, "Has Gurinder Singh revised Sant Mat to v. 3.0?" (Note: "Baba of RSSB" refers to Gurinder Singh, the guru.)
When you arrive at a train station and the announcement is made "all change" everyone gets off the train and catches a new train.
Its like that now again at RSSB.
This time it's so obvious it simply cannot be denied.
I was at Haynes park on the Sunday before the UK national satsang.
I went on the mic and had what can only be described as a most intriguing conversation with the Baba of RSSB.
The exchange between us went on for approximately 20 minutes.
This is what he stated clearly in that conversation:
(1) You are right, there is no journey because you are already there and you just have to realise it.
(2) You are correct in saying there are no regions.
(3) I have never read the Sar Bachan and what it states there is just a story, not literal. None of those regions or the lords of the regions exist.
(4) There is only the ONE. There is no individual soul. So you don't actually merge back. You are already there.
(5) Don't focus on the physical master. I am only here to clarify. I am just a human being like you. I cannot forgive sins. I cannot erase karmas.
(6) Meditation just means to quieten the mind and turn inwards and let go and realise who you are.
I also had another briefer conversation with him yesterday at Haynes.
This time the whole session, not just the exchange with me was clearly conveying the new sant mat.
"I will not give you false consolation" he says.
"The master is only here to give you the teachings and guide you. I cannot do it for you. "
He also makes no claims for himself.
He laughs and jokes about just about everything.
On the Sunday of the national satsang he said "there is nothing. What will you get by coming here? Nothing"
Then he smiles while the penny drops.
I am impressed.
I also am impressed. Gurinder Singh is sounding a lot like a Zen master, or Alan Watts, rather than a guru who is considered to be God in Human Form who guides disciples through higher regions of reality back to a "heaven" called Sach Khand.
All that has disappeared from the RSSB teachings. However, as noted above, old-time initiates refuse to accept that the old teachings are gone.
And here's an amazing but true fact.
A few minutes ago I read Osho Robbins' message to my wife, who is an extremely ardent atheist. She said, "I like it." So this shows that Gurinder Singh's new message basically is indistinguishable from atheism.
Ah, life is pleasingly strange. I've gotten lots of criticisms from RSSB initiates because I no longer believe in Sant Mat dogma. Well, guess what?
Neither does the RSSB guru.
So I accept the apologies of everyone who has called me a RSSB heretic.
It turns out that actually I'm the one who has been faithful to the freshened-up RSSB teachings of Gurinder Singh, while all of those commenters on this blog who blab on about inner regions, divine sound/light, inner guidance of the guru, and such actually are the heretics.